by Megha Hamal
Statement necklaces are very trendy these days and have always been staples in my wardrobe. The right necklace gives your outfit personality and can spice up an otherwise simple look. When choosing a statement necklace, keep these tips in mind:
- Look for something that fits your personality and style.
- Statement necklaces can be bold, fun and colorful. Don’t shy away from stepping out of your comfort zone.
- You can pair your statement necklaces with a basic tee, button-downs, a sundress or a nice fitted blazer. Therefore, invest in basic pieces that will last a long time.
- Mix patterns and shapes- when it comes to statement necklaces, there is no simple rule. Mix your necklace with different patterns and shapes in your dress or blouse. Don’t play safe! It’s fun to experiment a little.
- If you’re looking for something unique for your first statement necklace, try out vintage stores, flea markets and local boutiques. They usually carry unique pieces that aren’t so mainstream. Have fun and enjoy this trend: after all, life is all about making a statement and I hope that you make yours.