by Ashmi Patel – Managing Editor
Please welcome our new managing editor – Ashmi Patel!!
I have recently discovered the lovely art of list making, and have found that people are more likely to read something with bullet points.
• Name – Ashmi Patel
• Grew up in Dallas, Texas
• Graduated from Southern Methodist University with a B.A. in Religious Studies
What’s important to me?
• My religion – the leading factor of why I am the person I am today.
• Family and friends – I am blessed to have such wonderful and supportive people in my life.
• Learning new things – if someone’s teaching, I’m learning!
• Being good to others – why do it anyway else?
• Knowing the difference between you’re/your and there/their/they’re – because everyone should!!
What I like to do (besides writing):
• I love listening to and finding new music, and am working through my bucket list of artists I want to see live (I’ve seen about eleven so far). Just a few of my favorites are: Coldplay, Mumford and Sons, Justin Timberlake, and Bon Iver. I also spend about 85% of my day listening to music and generally know every word of every song.
• I love a good read, and prefer fictional narratives. Yes, I am a Harry Potter nerd, and I will take it personally if you’re not.
• Anything artsy fartsy – just call me the “DIY Queen.”
If I were…
• If I were a piece of furniture
I’d be a loveseat – I’m a hugger
• If I were a day of the week
I’d be Friday –everyone’s always happy to see me
• If I were an animal
I’d be an elephant – wise, vegetarian, and family oriented
• If I were a fictional character
I’d be Hermione Granger – she’s one smart cookie, has magical powers, lives in an enchanted fantasy version of England, has a moral compass, and has a great head of hair ?