My name is Priya Tahim. By day I’m a Qualified Mental Health Professional and by night I’m a 24-year-old, Punjabi girl living in my own dream world.
I’m a huge family person and love hanging out with my family and friends. I’m one of those people who would rather sit at home with my family on a Friday night, laughing down memory lane, than go raging at the new “hot spot” in town.
I have always been the “go to” person for all my friends and family, so giving advice is my full-time job and passion. And that is why I am the author behind the monthly “Pagin Pri” advice column you read on BG.
Growing up, I’ve learnt to appreciate the little things in life. I’ve been blessed with the world’s most amazing family and friends. I was born and raised in New York, but was lucky enough to have parents that never let me forgot my Indian, Punjabi roots.
Writing has always been a passion of mine. I started writing in a diary when I was 7 years old, and 17 years later, I still find myself writing random thoughts down. Looking back, helping people and having my own advice column is something I’ve always dreamt of.
I want to inspire people. I want someone to look at me and say ‘because of you, I didn’t give up.'”
I believe in second chances and fate. We only have one chance at making the most out of the life we are given, so why not reach out for help when we need it, help others when we can, and share our stories so others can learn.
A few fun facts:
- I love laughing. I’m almost always constantly laughing; and yes, I occasionally snort when I laugh
- I love dancing. You can always find me at home dancing around, especially to “Mere Khwabon Mein Jo Aaye,” from the film “ Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge.”
- I’m one of those few people that actually enjoy reading for fun. My last fun read was Mindy Kaling’s “Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me.” It was hilarious and I highly recommend it.
- I have, what feel’s like a million cousins, but they’re all my best friends!
- I love using hashtags; yes I just #hashtagged.
- I’m an undercover fob, and I will beat you in Antakashri (I always accept challenges)!
- I’m secretly a hopeless romantic who lives in a dream world, where I think I’m Simran and I’ll find my Raj like in “DDLJ” (That was the best movie ever)!
For more inspirational posts written for BG’s monthly advice column, check out “Pagin Pri.”
Have a question? Need some advice on life, relationships, family, love and anything else, send us your questions to Staff@0mq.349.myftpupload.com with “Paging Pri’ on the subject line. Or feel free to leave a comment below!
All photos are provided by Priya Tahin.