Do you have a favorite breakfast food? Mine is, WITHOUT A DOUBT, egg and cheese on a toasted everything bagel with hot sauce, salt & pepper. 🙂 It’s my go-to on the weekends because bagels are literally my weakness. I love that breakfast sandwiches can be made up with so many different versions of your favorite type of eggs! Over here we have my Green Eggs & Cheese Breakfast Bagel!
I actually got these eggs from my coworker!! She has so many chickens and they were laying eggs so she brought them into work! Is it weird that I’ve never had fresh chicken eggs? Haha. I mean… They were good though!!
[READ RELATED: A Perfect Weekend Brunch: Red Curry Shakshuka]
This egg recipe is basically a combination of eggs and pureed veggies. We use spinach, broccoli, onions, peppers, and tomatoes! When the veggies become a puree, you simply mix it with the eggs and you have a very healthy breakfast without even knowing it.
I think this recipe is actually PERFECT for those of you who have picky eaters in the family. Hiding veggies and making a fun looking recipe is KEY with children (or adults, if you are anything like me). If you want to skip the carbs, make it into an omelet, or even scrambled eggs! It will taste delicious regardless 🙂
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe and PLEASE continue tagging me in photos so I can see how yours turn out!!! xx
Servings: 4 people
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
4 Everything Bagels, toasted
½ cup spinach
¼ cup broccoli florets
½ bell pepper, diced small
4 slices of pepper jack cheese
4 slices of muenster cheese
2 tbsp butter
- Add your spinach, broccoli, tomato, onion, jalapeno, salt and pepper to a blender. Add about 2-3 tsp of water and blend until puréed.
- Beat your eggs and add the puréed veggies directly into the bowl with the beaten eggs. Also, add the small diced bell peppers.
- Turn your pan on medium heat. Add about ½ tbsp of butter per each omelette you make.
- Toast your bagels while eggs are being cooked.
- When omelette is cooked, fold it in half once, and then into a smaller triangle. Add sliced cheese on each side of the toasted bagel, and then add your eggs directly in the middle and close up.
- Serve with your favorite hot sauce and enjoy!