This post was originally posted on Picture Payal and republished with permission.
With summer time just around the corner, I know that everyone’s probably gearing up to get into full summer-mode! And as much as we may be thinking sunglasses, beach shorts, bikinis, and straw hats, we also need to prep our fridge for our most beloved season. Am I right?
Summer has got to be the best season to try so many different foods because there’s so much available around that time of year—and it’s all fresh! But if we turn to a classic, then nothing beats ice cream on a humid summer day—or even better, how about some ice cream sandwiches? Well, now that we’re on that topic, why not take this moment to show you how to make your very own. Yes. Your very own, homemade ice cream sandwich. YUM! The only difference here will be that you don’t even need ice cream to make ’em. Confused yet? Well, read on to let it all make sense.
This is a super simple, healthy, and easy recipe (inspired by Andreaschoice). Best part about this ice cream sandwich recipe is that you can customize it to your own liking—choose your own yogurt flavors, add your favorite fruits, and most importantly have fun making them! For people with a serious sweet-tooth like myself, this is definitely a healthier option. Eat it at anytime of the day, for breakfast, as a snack, and of course dessert!
What you’ll need for my Blackberry Vanilla Coconut Ice Cream Sandwiches:
- 15-20 fresh blackberries
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 5.3 OZ Vanilla Coconut Greek Yogurt
- 2- 3 tablespoons of Lite Cool Whip
- 8 Graham Crackers
Let’s get started:
1. Cut the blackberries in half.
2. Place the cut up blackberries into a sauce pan, and add sugar.
3. Let the blackberries and sugar sit on low heat and cook until the sauce is done.
3. In an empty bowl, mix the vanilla coconut greek yogurt and a couple of tablespoons of light cool whip together.
4. Once the blackberry sauce is done and cooled off, add to the mixture of vanilla coconut greek yogurt and light cool whip and mix well.
5. Place the graham crackers on a tray covered with foil.
6. Start adding the “ice cream” mixture on top of the graham crackers.
7. Add another graham cracker on top to create a sandwich.
8. Place the blackberry vanilla coconut ice cream sandwiches in the freezer.
9. Let it sit for 30 minutes to an hour, cut the sandwiches into sections and place in a container.
10. Serve and Enjoy!
(I personally like my sandwiches to be a little melted, so I take them out of the freezer about 15-20 minutes before eating.)
Payal welcomes you to the world of PicturePayal, where there’s an array of beauty, fashion, travel, and lifestyle. Follow this influencer on her journey to the unknown! She can’t wait for you to join her on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube @ PicturePayal. See you all there!